For the northern hemisphere it is Yule but here in the southern hemisphere it is Litha.
It marks the longest day of the year, and is said to be a time of great joy and strength. It is a powerful time when both Mother Nature and the Sun are at their fullest.
Litha symbols to try and incorporate it in your day.
- Crystals: amber, garnet, obsidian, moonstone, jade, emerald
- Animals: butterflies, robins, horses, fireflies
- Colours: green, gold, purple
- Flowers: honeysuckle, roses, chamomile, lavender
- Plants: fennel, oak trees, mugwort, St John’s wort
For me I like to
- Having a chamomile tea with honey
- Wearing one of the stones for the day
- Eating a beautiful berry platter with cheese and crackers
- Burning my lavender candle
- Placing flowers around the house
- Making bath bombs and shower steamers using different oils and adding petals
- And reading a good book
I’m always looking at things to add. And change up every year.
So Blessed Litha 🌻